Join Kingston's sustainable energy community at this free meeting featuring a presentation by a sustainable energy expert, introductions, sector news, networking, and refreshments.
Vivek Gupta, Solar Energy Tree
Simultaneously collecting thermal and photovoltaic energy in a simple manner
- Solar Energy Tree will bring the cost of solar energy at par or lower than hydro, nuclear and coal
- Is based on two simple scientific principles
- Light reflects multiple times between two reflective parallel surfaces
- Hot air rises
- Does not interfere with any ecosystem, air, water, habitats, etc.
- Patent pending in the US
- Will simultaneously protect the environment and the economy
At present, silicon based solar cells can absorb only a certain spectrum of light. Therefore, they are reaching their theoretical efficiency limits. By splitting the light into various components, solar panels can be made with spectrum-specific cells to further enhance their efficiency.
Three patents granted by the USPTO
- Building Evacuation System (2004)
- Insulating and Heat Dissipating Panels (2012)
- Set of Handheld Adjustable Panels of Ergonomic Keys and Mouse (2015)
Vivek is an innovation enthusiast. He enjoys working with simple mechanical designs.
Get a sneak preview of Vivek Gupta's Patent pending solar.
To get regular news about SWITCH, please join SWITCH's email list here.